Sunday, March 4, 2018

Washington DC, June 26th

The hostel provided a pancake breakfast in the morning. Dirty Duck and I really need to do laundry. We haven't in about 2 weeks and our clothes smell so bad. We tired going to the laundromat last night but it was locked, we arrived too late. This morning it was all full and we didn't have enough cash on hand for quarters either so laundry will sadly be done later. We will just continue to carry that homeless person smell on out clothing.

Dirty Duck and I went to First Cup Coffee which was advertised in the hostel to give us discounts. They were rude and didn't give us a discount saying that they don't get enough customers from the hostel. It was kinda disappointing, the place was a dump. I wish I spent my money elsewhere.

We headed to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Scout, Illegal, and FDR joined us a bit later. They wanted to bike around town for a bit. The museum was small but had some really great exhibits. It was also free.
















It was really interesting to see an exhibit dedicated to Robert Kennicott since he is a part of the local history where I grew up. 



Illegal left to go back to the trail and the rest of us tried the restaurant Founding Farmers for lunch. It was recommended to me by my friend Odysseus who had lived here for awhile. It was amazing, I loved the place, I'd love to come back some day.





Next was the art museum, we didn't have that long but I got to see most of the museum. I wasn't that excited to go to an art museum after spending so much time in the one in Chicago but after arriving I actually got really excited since I haven't seen any of the art here before.











Then finally we had time to do laundry! The door on the machine was clear so we got to watch as the water rapidly turned dark brown. It was very satisfying.

Our group went to another place highly recommended by a number of people called Zaytinya. It was a Mediterranean Tapas place, that's the best way to describe it. The food was just as amazing and delicious, another place i'd love to visit again if I ever come back. After so long on the trail all this gourmet food is just what I needed! With our hiker hunger, fancy small portions from Zaytinya were nowhere near enough so we walked around and checked out Bar Decko, Café Citron, and JR's before calling it a night. It was a fantastic day.




I

No comments:

Post a Comment