Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Neel Gap

   The night on the pull out bed at Blood Mountain cabins was so wonderful. It felt amazing. I was so sore in the morning too but after some good stretching i was feeling much better. Mike and I got our laundry done by the office which is included in the cabin stay, we rented out Chipmunk Cabin after Justin and Bruce left. It was so nice to have clean clothing.

   Mountain Crossings was such an incredible outdoors store. It has everything a thru hiker could want. So many brands that I've heard of that stores like REI don't even carry. It was a hikers dream store. This is also the place that many people give up and go home. This is the place that has the iconic shoe tree where people who give up toss their shoes as well as people who switch out to new shoes will toss their old ones.



   After picking up my box and some supplies, which by the way I wasn't charged the $1 for package pick up and I was given sweet tea I pulled from the fridge on the house, they were so nice! I was told that they only really charge the 1 dollar if your being a jerk. We ran into Ben and Chris (we met Chris yesterday), they had just come off of Blood Mountain. Chris and Ben joined our cabin for the night.

   Mike, Ben, and I payed for a shuttle in a guys named Blue Eye's car into town for lunch and groceries for our next few meals in the cabin. Lunch was great and I keep shoveling so much food into me because of how many calories I've been burning.

   Andrew and Brent, other thru hikers, joined us for the evening hanging out in our cabin, the company with everyone is fantastic. Everyone here is a solo hiker. About 95% of the people i meet are solo hikers too. I find this interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome shoe tree! Proud of you for pushing on, looks like it's a breaking point for many with throwing their shoes up on the tree. Glad you got a nice hot meal!
    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete