Friday, August 18, 2017

Damascus, May 13th

The Dragonfly Inn put on an amazing breakfast for everyone. They had such interesting and delicious meal ideas and they feed us so well.

Today my boyfriend, Ken, is driving out to meet me for the weekend! I haven't seen him in awhile. I haven't seen any of my friends or anyone from back home in awhile. I went to the sundog outfitters to pick up my resupply box and waited for him. There was a great coffee shop next door and I got this amazing drink. It was called banana fosters. It was a chai tea with banana and ice cream. It tasted amazing.

There was a pig roast going on whileI I waited.

It was so amazing getting to see Ken. He got a banana fosters too and we walked around town making today a zero. We went to the Mexican place called Hey Joes for dinner. I love that place so much. I got a burito and split nachos with Ken. They had the most tastey nachos that I've ever eaten! I need more of them in my life!



There was a groundhog in town


Barefoot, Theory, Fury, Bags, and Tator headed out late today. I'm hoping I'll be able to catch up to them once I get back on the trail. I feel like I've found my tramily (trail family).

Later that night I ended up having a really low point on the trail. I cried and felt pretty alone. None of my friends from back home have really reached out to me and so many of my friends from the trail have dropped out and everyone I knew still on the trail were ahead of me. Ken and I went for a late night walk and this amazing cat comes running up to me. He was so adorable. I ended up sitting on the sidewalk for an hour petting him. He just sat in my arms purring and snuggling me. It was amazing! He followed me back to the Inn and I wish that I could just take him home so bad. He was such a sweetie and so pretty. I think that he's a stray because he's not neutered and he has a bunch of matts.


No comments:

Post a Comment