Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Pearisburg, May 28th

I vaguely remember waking up in the night when it started raining. The rain was so loud against the tin roof yet so relaxing. This bed is so comfortable along with the pillow. It doesn't help that the sheets are the same ones that I use at home. I just melted into this bed. It feels great.


Breakfast was amazing here. This hostel is also a working farm. We had fresh baked bread that they made here along with homemade strawberry rhubarb jam. Breakfast was farm fresh eggs, sausage bits, watermelon, a hot peach granola dish topped with yogurt, and OJ. I ate so much and it was all so good. I'm impressed with everything that they were able to put on for so many people.




I passed a few great views.




I also passed a rock formation called Angels Rest. I'd really like to come back sometime to explore this place more.




It was a short 11 mile hike into Pearisburg. I slipped and fell a lot along the way. Dungeon Master and I stayed at Angel's Rest Hiker Haven. I really like this place. DM and I went to a Chinese buffet for lunch with a hiker named Steam. They had free chili at the hostel for memorial day weekend at the hostel but I don't care for chili. It ended up being a great evening with s'mores and we watched a few movies.



Today on the trail I made it to Pearisburg, VA at mile 634.3 with 1555.5 left to go

No comments:

Post a Comment