Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Troutville Trail Days, June 3rd

Leaving was hard in the morning. I feel like I'm being worn out so much. It was a short hike in to town but it was so hard to do. I chugged a lot of water before leaving because there wasn't any water until town. There was an amazing scene where I got to see a deer walk through the forrest. It reminded me of a scene from Princess Mononoke.



I felt really dizzy from all the water. I didn't have enough electrolytes. I eventually ran into Dungeon Master and we hiked in together.




My first stop in town was to Bojangles, I was so hungry. I was given a giant cup for my sweet tea but I smashed it while trying to put the lid on spilling tea all over myself, the counter, and the floor. It was so embarrassing. I did get a new cup though!

I went over to Outdoor Trails to pick up my packages and then to Kroger and met up with Dungeon Master at the coffee shop. I ran into Catfish and Dirty Duck briefly. They fell behind but shuttled ahead for the hiker festival happening in town yesterday and today. The town is kinda spread out so our hotel was 2 and a half miles away from the fire station where it's being held. I ended up missing the festival. It was just ending as I got to the hotel. I tried hitching a ride but no one would pick me up. There were actual gear vendors there. Hoka was there, I was wanting to look into their shoes as my next pair. My current ones are wearing out. It's been over 500 miles on them. I also wanted to see if a jewlery vendor could fix my necklace since it broke this morning. It's the AT one that I got at the Damascus Trail Days. I want to kick myself for not going. I'm sure I missed out on a bunch of give aways. I had purchased new socks and ExOfficio underwear at the outfitter in town but I found out later that ExOfficio had their own booth there! Oh well I guess.

Sun, Scout, Dungeon Master, and I are splitting a room at the Red Roof Inn. We watched a few movies and ordered Chinese take out. It was still a good night.

I decided to take tomorrow as a zero because of how worn out I am. My body needs it.

I got a painful yeast infection from going a week without new underwear or clean clothing. My clothes just got so nasty. That hasn't been fun. I'm glad to be zeroing and to have clean clothes and a shower. I look forward to hiking with 2 pairs of underwear now too.

Tonight in Troutville I'm at mile 728.1 with 1461.7 left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment